I hate writing About pages so I’m just going to list a whole bunch of stuff about myself.
What do you need to know about me?
- I live in Denver with my husband (Stephen), daughter (Isabella), and dog (Moses).
- I’m a Christian. This is the foundation of everything I do.
- I own two businesses; one as a professional writer, the other as a labor doula.
- I’m a Colorado native and kind of a hippie.
- I’m very active and I love hiking, backpacking, snowboarding, running, and yoga.
- I love to cook. We eat clean, organic, local, and home-cooked as much as we can.
- We live as naturally as possible.
- We practice attachment parenting.
- We have an egalitarian marriage.
What I’m about:
- Learning. About the world around me, about other people, other cultures, other viewpoints. I thrive on learning new things.
- Growing. I’m constantly trying to become the best version of myself.
- Challenging myself. In every area of my life, I love adventure. Taking risks keeps me humble and forces me out of my comfort zone into greater things.
- Jesus. Not the judgy, exclusive, condescending Jesus that much of the church so unfortunately portrays, but the full-of-mercy, socially radical, compassionate, everyone-is-invited REAL Jesus.
- Love. For everyone.
- Grace. Trying my best to show it to those around me, and to myself. Remembering that everyone is fighting their own battle and none of us is perfect.
- Understanding. Listening, especially when we don’t agree, instead of trying to be understood.
- Simplicity. Spending less, consuming less, needing less, wasting less. Living simply and naturally.
- Relationships. Investing in real relationships. Showing honor always, not according to a person’s behavior, but according to their identity.
- Passion. Doing everything with all of myself, whether it’s pursuing my dreams or completing the mundane daily tasks life requires. Wherever I am, I want to be all there.
- Intention. Living every day, fully present.